Sunday 15 April 2012

Change in circumstances and staying motivated throughout.

I haven't disappeared! I've been finding it difficault to blog as i've recently started full time work and i dont have internet access at home. I'm wondering if many of you have this problem? Not so much the internet access, but empolyment. How do you get a good balance? I had so many good intentions once i started my new job. I could pay my bills, rent, save up and live, whilst still having time to get myself to either my mums house or a library to blog. Since i've started, i realized my expectations may have been to high? I work long hours and by the time i get home im so tired i only have enough energy to eat and sleep, then to do it all again the next day. I admit my motivation was lacking. I think the real issue is my mindset or perhaps organisation. I've spoken of this before and i have seen the results! FORWARD PLANNING! I have to set aside a time and dedicate it to my blog. I've also decided to carry a notebook with me, so even if i have no internet connection i can create a written account, transfer it to my blog and even use it for my final inquiry. Do any of you have ways in which you stay motivated? It's good to share :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia,

    I totally understand and sympathise with work getting in the way of BAPP work. I have really good intentions but they dont always work out. I did the same as you, trying to take a notebook with me and make notes as I though of them!

    I'm really trying to be disaplined at the moment to make sure I get it done. I hope you get it sorted and I'll be looking to see if anyone has any helpful ideas. It's comforting to know other people have the same challenges though. Good luck with all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel Alicia; I have been finding this whole course a struggle. Not because I do not understand what I need to do but it has been my time management and my day job that has been letting my work slip.
    Over the last month what I have started to do, like you is to carry a note pad as well as my dairy/calendar so that I know what days I have put aside to do my work. Sometimes it is easier said than done but what are keeping me motivated at the moment is my friends. I find that being able to discuss my work with people who are unfamiliar with I am doing much easier. It’s as though I’m explaining why I am doing this course and it’s at that moment I start to remember the reasons why I joined.
    My eye start to light up as I talk about what I am passionate about, there is a reason why we joined the course. Just always remember that reason when you feel as though you are letting your work slip. From reading your previous bloggs I’m sure your do fine, just make sure to put time as side for your work. Good luck hopes this helps.

    ReplyDelete