Wednesday 9 October 2013

FINALLY MODULE 3REE!!!

I have finally made it to module 3 and i fully intend to finish.

I thought i'd do a quick blog before i really get back into it just to let you know where i'm at. I'll be blogging my Module 2 feedback, blogging my first observations of the community dance class for EVERYONE that i attended last night, taught by a teacher who has always inspired me, creating a new (SIG) on Linkedin to hear your thoughts, ideas and views on my line of inquiry and Professional Artefact ideas and slowly but surely blogging my literature reviews. I do know that i can't do module 3 alone and the more involvement i have with my peers and my tutor, the more chance i have of completing this module.

Community Dance Teaching- What are your views? Are you a community dance teacher? What IS Community dance? What makes you qualified to teach community dance? Do you need a qualification to teach community dance?

As the questions continue i'll be blogging them...sometimes at random.

Just a few questions i'm hoping to uncover answers to throughout my inquiry...an inquiry that will be a continued working progress long after I've finally completed Module 3.

Please feel free to comment...at any time :)

8 comments:

  1. hi alicia iv been looking down your blog and it seems that we could colaborate a lot together during module three, please let me know when you have your SIG up and running as i would be happy to join, and share my views with you.
    in response to your questions talking about qualifications, i do feel that some form of qualification or at least a training base is necessary when teaching dance. As it is with teaching any kind of subject, a background history on the subject needs to be inplace i feel, as you can not teach something you have not learnt yourself.With dance i feel training and qualifications are extremly necessary as you are dealing with physical movements of adults and children and taught incorrectly can cause injury.
    hope my input is of use and look forward to discussing more with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, i'm so glad you've commented. I only wish i got blog updates to my phone, i could get back to you so much sooner!
      I completely understand your point in regards to qualifications needed. I have a foundation degree in Dance in which i feel i was taught the history of my form, the foundations, the techniques and the skills. Before i got my foundation degree i had been teaching within the community for years. I had trained in Street Dance for years taking ISTD exams not up to teaching level though, and this is the form i taught although not having a formal qualification. I had experience and i delivered do you think it counts for anything?

      Really looking forward to talking more with you, you've got me thinking and i love it! I'll be posting SIG group link soon.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a total plan Alicia. Looking forward to hearing about your inquiry process. I am so proud of how you have kept your promise to yourself to complete the course...
    Keep going
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alicia!

    Though I am not in your subject or theme I think it is good to know, that you are going to complete the course! I had my starting problems, too because of work. Looking forward to read more from you and your process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Korliane, thanks for your message. It's really nice to get support from others trying to get through this too. All the best!

      Delete
  4. Great topic - can you do a follow up blog on where you are with things? What about your literature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, Yes Literature i need to build on my reviews. I've read through reader 7 and i've found the Literature review questions/guidelines really helpful. I'll have it posted really soon!

      Delete