Monday 11 November 2013

Reflection on Feedback from Module 2

How frustrating!! This will teach me to get onto my laptop and onto blogspot way more than i do. I've just logged on to find some really nice, thought provoking comments. I'm frustrated, does anyone know if you can get blog alerts to your mobile? If you can't, someone should invent that app!

Firstly, i understand i haven't been blogging. I could argue I've been thinking about what to blog and my line of inquiry everyday although we can't deny the fact that thoughts are no good in my head. Thoughts and thought process should be shared. If you look at previous blogs you'll see that i come back to this idea a lot. Reiterating to myself what needs to be done to pass this module.

I look back on the feedback i received in June from Adesola and it occurred to me everything should be on my blog, i am sometimes hesitant because i know that i won't be blogging my literature review, or my observations as they may not be finished and sometimes not started but every thought i have counts towards my inquiry and helps me build upon it.

I have been observing, this week will be my fourth Uchenna open class with Vicky Igbokwe. A community dance class for everyone, it's been amazing and i will be blogging my observations soon. Why not now? To be honest i have been keeping a journal of my observations, as i get home so late i can't bring myself to turn on a laptop and blog. It brings me back to module one where i used to keep a journal on my Blackberry after the evening classes i taught. (Task 2: The Reflective Practitioner, Dec 2010, http://aliciaandrewa3dance.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/task-2-reflective-practitioner.html) A lot of the time i would sit on the train home and whilst everything was still clear in my head i could jot it down. Today i tried to download the Blogger app. I thought this would be a great idea as it would cut down my excuses of never having time and i'd be able to "blog on the go." After reading through the reviews ( All bad) i did decide against it. Loss of work, non automatic uploads, in eligible fonts, unworkable formats, the list goes on.....

I have also tried to create a group on Linkedin, to no avail, can someone let me know how it's done? Maybe, as i'm using my phone, the app won't allow so i will be trying on my laptop later, after which and if i am successful, i'll be uploading the link, please get involved! I have only just begun to realize the value of Linkedin, the social networking site that, for once is literally just used to network, develop yourself as a professional in whatever career that may be and to establish vital links to people who share your interests.

I have also been thinking deeply about my line of inquiry and professional Artefact. The more i look into community dance the more i realize how big it is there are so many aspects to it. After reading Adesola's feedback i understand that community dance is often linked to education, sometimes not directly but there are clear links there. Community dance is often brought into mainstream schools to support the curriculum. I have been thinking about where i would like to take my own Dance company ( A3) and a big part of me would like to take it into schools. Would this still mean A3 is a community Dance company? or would i have  crossed over into education? Several of the teachers who have taught me in a community setting have and still are teaching in accredited schools or educational settings without following the guidelines of the curriculum. My inquiry process is helping me understand if this is the path i would want to take. If this is, i have thought about how i would then go about presenting myself as a community Dance company to schools, keeping to my community dance principles. Perhaps a booklet of information or a short media video that could be distributed.

I will continue to blog my journey....

1 comment:

  1. really interested in your blog and thoughts about community dance. Our Inquiries are kind of linked. I work in school as an unqualified dance teacher who would use companies such as yours to come in and do workshops. My inquiry looks at the journey qualified dance teachers that dont have QTS have as teachers in schools. Looking forward to following your inquiry.
    thanks Jane

    ReplyDelete